Get The Look – My Week With Marilyn
by Katherine Gould
New movie, My Week With Marilyn, has spurred an influx of enquiries as to how to achieve the classic look Michelle Williams wears so well as she play timeless style icon Marilyn Monroe. In addition Williams was photographed by Annie Leibovitz for Vogue in character; a further legacy to Monroe’s immortal image.
No look is complete without the addition of lipstick. Here are my personal favorites from MAC to achieve the vintage 1950’s look.
- Ruby Woo – super matte formula, the is the perfect vintage red.
- Crème Cup – a soft pink that glides on smoothly for a nourishing creamy finish
- Costa Chic – wonderfully balanced coral pinky-peach that adds life to fair skin and pops on darker skin tones
- Keep lips well conditioned and exfoliated. In addition, remember to drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Cheek Color – Bobbi Brown Blush in Pale Pink – Use a large, good quality soft brush to apply to the cheeks in a circular movement, make sure foundation has set on the skin first so the product buffs on evenly.
- Liquid Liner – Illamasqua Liquid Liner – Precision Ink – The fine tip allows for defined application. Long-lasting and waterproof it’s perfect for liner that will last all day and well in to the night. Apply on blotted and primed lids.
- Anastasia Brow Express Palette – The kit comes in two colour choices (blond and brunette) and each kit contains four perfect brow stencils to suit various brow shapes and styles. A perfect way to achieve that Marilyn-esq brow with minimal effort.